Scales and Tails
Shipping Terms and Conditions
Shipping Terms and Conditions
*Note that your failure to read our terms and conditions, whether intentional or accidental will under no circumstances be a reason to consider them altered or void.
* Scales and Tails ships during the week Monday-Thursday with the exception of holidays.
* Scales and Tails has a no return and no refund policy for all retail orders. If you need to request a cancellation on an order before it ships to you we can offer store credit.
* Scales and Tails does not guarantee live arrival on inverts or amphibians.
* Scales and Tails will do their best to sex your animal using our experience but we cannot guarantee the sex on any animal unless otherwise specified.
* Scales and Tails ships via FedEx Priority Overnight and the buyer must be present to receive the package on the first delivery attempt or all guarantees are void.
* Live and visibly healthy arrival is only guaranteed when shipping temperatures at both ends are between 35° – 89°F for home delivery and 26F° – 99F° for having the animal shipped to a FedEx Customer Center for pick up. We will still guarantee the animal if you opt to have the package held at a FedEx Customer Center for pick up however the animal must be picked up within 4 hours of arrival at the FedEx Customer Center or all guarantees are void. Otherwise, we can hold the animal(s) at our facility until temperatures are safe for shipping.
* Any shipment routing changes on the part of the customer will result in voiding our live arrival guarantee.
* We are not responsible for carrier delays or mishandling resulting in DOA* animals.
* All animals have a live and healthy arrival guarantee. We cannot offer any guarantee after the arrival. If your animal does arrive deceased we are happy to ship a replacement to you. We do not offer refunds.
* We cannot be held responsible for shipping charges incurred for upholding our guarantee; they are the responsibility of you, the buyer. We do not offer credits or refunds on shipping for replacement animals.
* If your shipment arrives deceased, is visibly unhealthy or is damaged in any way upon arrival the customer must notify Scales and Tails of the deceased or unhealthy animal immediately upon receiving the animal(s). The arrival time will be determined by the tracking information FedEx provides online of the delivery. If the first attempt of delivery is missed then all live and visibly health arrival guarantees are null and void. An email with a photo attached of the contents of the shipment must be emailed within one hour of arrival or all guarantees are null and void.
* We reserve the right to refuse sale to any buyer, for any reason. Sorry, no sales to minors. Proof of age may be required at our discretion.
* The reptile industry is very prone to fraud orders. We reserve the right to ask for ID verification before shipping any order. All verified fraud orders are reporting to federal authorities. Credit card fraud is against the law.
* Scales and Tails is not responsible for any veterinary expenses or costs incurred by the buyer for any animal. If you take any animal to a veterinarian, you do so entirely at your own expense.
* Photos and requests: The animals pictured on our web site may or may not be the actual animal available. The photos do represent the species, and the health and quality of the animals we ship. We can send more pictures of any animal you are interested in by contacting us.
* Photos, descriptions and care sheets posted on our web site are the exclusive property of Scales and Tails, and may not be used or reused without our specific, written permission.
* In accordance with FDA regulations, turtles and tortoises less than 4 inches listed on our web site are offered expressly for educational, scientific or export purposes only. They are not sold for use as pets.
* You can contact us by email ( [email protected]) If you have specific questions/requests, feel free to ask; we will respond accordingly. We can be reached Monday through Saturday from 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
* Please be aware of your own local wildlife laws and regulations. No shipments will be knowingly sent in violation of any state or federal laws. Please do not even ask.
* Scales and Tails reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and in its sole discretion.
*DOA = Dead on Arrival